Feeling bummed lately. Feeling like no one gets where I’m coming from and always takes my words out of context
2. People will be mean to you. Because they hate their lives, you have the life they wish they had, or they simply had a bad day. Do not let them kill your good vibe. They’re just jealous because they can’t be as happy as you in that moment.
3. If you are upset do NOT, I repeat, do NOT take it out on another person. It is not fair to upset someone else just because you are upset.
4. If you feel like you’re going to hurt yourself, close your eyes and count to ten. Take five deep breaths and then open your eyes. If you still feel like you are going to hurt yourself, remove yourself from the situation. Get out of your room, your bathroom, wherever you are alone and surround yourself with people. Do NOT go off by yourself until you feel like you can handle yourself again. And if you do, and you find that you can’t, go back to the beginning of this and repeat.
5. If you find yourself having an anxiety attack in the middle of class, excuse yourself from the room and either go to the guidance counselor or the bathroom. If you go to the guidance counselor, explain your situation and they will help you out. If you choose to go to the bathroom, splash some water on your face (Do NOT look in the mirror) and take a few deep breaths with your eyes closed. Make sure to carry a stress ball in your backpack to help you out in these situations.
6. If someone is making you sad, end the relationship. First, try to talk to them about it and if nothing changes it, you gave them their chance and tell them you it would be better for you mentally if you could take a break from them for a while.
7. Chocolate helps everything. If you’re sad, eat a hershey bar and if you’re allergic to chocolate, have a cookie or something.
8. Tell yourself one good thing in the mirror when you wake up in the morning. It seems silly, but you’ll feel better if you start off the day telling yourself “I’m awesome” or “I’ll look good” rather than “I hate myself.”
8 things I’ve learned
lots of stuff going on lately!! just want to take the time out of my day to have another chat with you lovely people!!
there will always be people in your life that are going to be sad. There’s no avoiding you. You might be the sad person in your own life. Sadness is an emotion. It will always be apart of your life no matter how better you get. And when you get better, don’t worry, when you get sad, you aren’t getting back to the old you. Bad things will happen. The only way you know you’re getting bad is if you handle it like you used to and not how you learned to. Be proud of yourself when you handle these situations and come out with a grin on your face and everything intact. I will be proud of you because look at you, a year ago you were on the brink of killing yourself, and today you are looking fucking fantastic. What I’m saying is, be proud of yourself, even the little things. You woke up today? Good for you. Brushed your teeth? Good job! Got yourself dressed? Fucking fantastic! Because these little things, someone can’t do. I know I never used to be able to do them. I’m so proud of every single one of you, whatever point you are in your life. Let tomorrow happen, and if it’s bad read this sentence again. Don’t hold yesterday in the present because it’s in the past and that’s where you should keep it. Things will get better. You will get better. And you’ll be able to smile like you used to. Keep up the good work. I’m proud of you for getting out of bed this morning or just opening your fucking eyes.